Pages

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Medium scale environment test

To date I've focused on lighting characters or small rooms so I built this environment to see how it coped with larger scenes. I had to make a few changes under the hood but so far it's coping quite well. I'll post some more results once I've built the environment up a bit more.


Also, you may notice a few bright points where objects intersect walls and end up sampling the exterior environment map. This is due to bad geometry placement and isn't a rendering error.

Dusk
4 objects with 1024 x 1024 lightmaps
render time: 3 minutes (2 bounces)


Day
4 objects with 1024 x 1024 lightmaps
render time: 3 minutes (2 bounces)



Sub surface test (forgot to switch SSS off on the building geo)
2 objects with 1024 x 1024 lightmaps
render time: ~1 minute

Day (didn't use enough FG samples but I like the light quality)
4 objects with 1024 x 1024 lightmaps
render time: ~1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment